Greenville - New Accounts
Community Neighbor Bank invites you to share your goals, dreams and plans with us today. Our new account professionals stand ready to tailor the right account solutions for you, blending attractive rates with flexible terms and prompt service. To speed up the application process, you may print and complete the New Account Application at the bottom of this page prior to coming in to the bank. In addition to the application, you will also need to provide two forms of unexpired identification, one of which should be a driver's license.
Deposit Accounts and Investment Options
- With our regular checking account, you'll enjoy no monthly service charge if you sign up for our free Estatements. There will be a $5 a month service charge if you choose to receive a paper statement for your account. This account features unlimited check writing and unlimited VISA debit card purchases. You will receive monthly statements presenting images of your checks and deposits and also containing detailed information about your ATM and debit card uses. Internet banking, 24 hour telephone banking, Estatements,direct deposit, within bank automatic transfers, and notary services are all provided free of charge for your convenience. An opening deposit of $100 is required.
- Our Convenience Checking is simplified checking without the hassle of writing checks or waiting on check approvals. You will enjoy no monthly service charge if you sign up for our free Estatements. Our VISA debit card is issued and puts convenience at your fingertips wherever you go. A free ATM/debit card, internet banking and direct deposit are great assets to this account*. You don't have to carry cash or incur credit card debt. There will be no monthly service charge if your daily balance is $300 or above, and statements are mailed monthly. If you set up direct deposit, only a $20 opening deposit is required. *Transactions at non-Community Neighbor Bank ATM's are subject to activity fee. There is a $3 fee for counter checks to receive cash from a teller.*
Classic Checking and Student Checking-
These two checking accounts require low monthly balance requirements or no balance requirement (Student Checking Types have no minimum balance) to avoid a monthly service charge. Enjoy unlimited check writing, direct deposit, internet banking, unlimited VISA debit card purchases, 24 hour telephone banking and a variety of other free services. Classic Checking is available to customers age 55+ and one free box of Classic checks is given per 12 months. A $5 a month service charge is applied to Classic Checking accounts that have a daily balance below $100. This monthly fee will be waived if you sign up for free Estatements through our internet banking.
Interest checking is recommended for individuals who want the convenience of a checking account with added interest. We offer two accounts to fit your needs; please call Community Neighbor Bank at (334) 371-1000 for current rates.
- To earn the current interest rate and have no monthly service fee, a $1,500 opening deposit and daily balance are required. For your convenience, unlimited check writing and VISA debit card purchases are provided along with free internet banking, 24 hour telephone banking, direct deposit, within bank automated transfer service and a variety of other free services. You will receive monthly statements presenting images of your checks and deposits and also containing detailed information about your ATM and debit card uses. Interest is compounded and credited monthly to your account. Should your balance fall below $1,500 your account will be assessed a $7 monthly service charge. This monthly fee will be waived if you sign up for free Estatements through our internet banking.
Money Market Demand Account-
- Our money market accounts pay a tiered interest rate based on your daily balance. To earn the current tiered interest rate and have no monthly service fee, a $10,000 opening deposit and minimum daily balance are required. Should your account fall below the $10,000 minimum balance a monthly fee of $5 will be assessed. Free internet banking, 24 hour telephone banking, direct deposit, within bank automated transfers and notary services are all provided for your convenience. You will receive monthly statements presenting images of your checks and deposits. Interest is compounded and credited monthly to your account. Withdrawals or checks are limited to six per statement cycle. Please refer to the account disclosure received when opening your account for other limitations or call a new account representative. Your monthly fee will be waived if you sign up for free Estatements through our internet banking.
Interest rates paid on NOW and money market accounts are variable rates and may be changed at any time at the discretion of Community Neighbor Bank.
- Our passbook savings accounts are a great account to start setting funds aside and get paid interest to grow your investment. Only a $100 opening deposit and minimum balance are required to avoid the monthly service fee. Interest will be compounded and credited quarterly to your account. Two withdrawals per month are allowed free of charge. Please request or refer to the account disclosure for additional account limitations.
- Is your child or student ready to learn about saving money? A student savings account is just for him or her. There is no service charge on this account. Two withdrawals per month are allowed and interest is compounded and credited quarterly. If you have a young child and need a CNB piggy bank to get started saving, please see a new accounts representative today!
Certificate of Deposits (CDs)-
Community Neighbor Bank offers a wide variety of time deposit accounts and rates to meet your investment needs. Our terms begin at 91 days and can be extended up to a 5 year maturity. There is a $2,500 minimum opening deposit. Call today to speak with a Community Neighbor Bank new account representative at (334) 371-1000 for current interest yields.
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA)-
- Let Community Neighbor Bank help you be a savvy investor for your retirement years. We offer Traditional and Roth Individual Retirement Accounts, each with its own tax benefits. If you anticipate being in a lower tax bracket in retirement and meet the criteria for tax-deductible contributions in current years, a traditional IRA may be perfect for you. Roth IRAs are a great choice if you expect to be in the same or a higher tax bracket during retirement and may not need your IRA assets to live on during retirement; payouts are taken tax free. If you would like additional information, please contact Ann Steiner Gregory at (334) 371-1000. It is also recommended that you consult your tax advisor for further qualifications.